Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Goa, you dont fit in.

Goa is beautiful...it has the vibe of a small town with modern facilities. There are no auto or rishkwallahs coming after you. No store keepers lurk after you to come into there stores and things seemed a little bit cheaper. Ohh and I finally had some real chicken....and it was incredible and fairly cheap. I have yet to get a belly sick so it must have been good chicken lol.

I was only spending a night here so no major sightseeing and no shopping.Goa is known for its beaches but, this trip wasn't to lounge around and get a tan. Hotel Tanish was a nice treat, especially since it was on the 5th floor. It had hot and cold water and a beautiful view. Not even pricey for what all it offered. A non AC room was perfect since it was cool through out the day. I took a long shower and did laundry before heading out to the market to get lunch and walk around. I picked up to go briyani and fried chicken with a few bottles of water and a can of soda. Spent some time in the hotel room eating and watching TV.Later headed to the Internet cafe on 1st floor and spoke to Justin on Skype and updated my Facebook status.

Around 5 pm, I decided to take another walk and spotted a Baskin and Robins.The two scoops of Gold Ribbon tasted just right...even so far away, Ice cream still tasted the same. I was wondering from street to street and after an hour realised that I was totally lost. It was going to get dark in the next hour and I was a little nervous. I somehow ended up at the bus station and flagged down a Auto to take me back to the hotel which ended up being 5 mins from where I was. I wasn't very hungry from my giant size lunch and bought a bag of chips and a bottle of water. Used the STD next door to confirm rooms for Hospet, tried calling Jonathan but it was too early back home so he didn't pick up.

Packed for the early train ride in the morning and finished the night with a few ours of TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment